WARNING: Digressions may occur. Wee knight illustration courtesy of the magnificent Jon Hoehn II.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Non-science diversion: Liebster Award

We here at Wee Knight Science have been nominated for the eminent Liebster Award!


Yay! Matthew has handed the reins to me on this one. I suspect he just doesn't want the world knowing his secrets (i.e. favorite condiments).

So the dealio here is that I'm given 10 questions to answer, and I'm supposed to nominate 8 more people, preferably smaller, up-and-coming blogs, and give them 10 more questions. Sadly the only blog I read under that category is the one of the person who nominated me, Mini MD! Go check her out if you want the skinny on med school and being a vegan yogi, she is an awesome person and blogger.

And bathroom selfie enthusiast.


Enough of that. On to the questions!

1) What is your favorite ride at Disney (or equivalent)?
J: I've never been to Disney! I guess my favorite amusement park ride is the carousel, because I am a wuss and hate roller coasters and have only been on one. But I did go on the biggest one at that park (240 feet straight down), just in case.
2) What's the best vacation you ever took?
J: Door County, Wisconsin, last summer. It is just the most idyllic little countryside vacation spot, and every one of the little towns scattered about has at least one fudge shop. Cherries everywhere, cherry flavored everything. Just go there. It's great. 
3) Do you have a hidden talent?
J: How hidden? I can play piano, and on a very very VERY good day I can put a grown man on the ground, but if someone were actually attacking me I'd probably just get squished.
BONUS: Matt's hidden talent is a fantastic goat impression.
4) Who was your favorite teacher in grade school?
J: Greg Goble, my eighth grade algebra teacher. I already knew algebra at the time, but he was a funny guy and he let us read in class.
5) What is the first thing you do every morning?
J: Check my email.
6) If you had to do a job that wasn't medicine/science related, what would it be?
J: I think I would be an author (strictly fiction).
7) Do you prefer ketchup or mustard? Coffee or tea? Vanilla or chocolate?
J: Ketchup, coffee, chocolate >>>>>>>>>> vanilla.
8) What is the best life-hack you've come across or invented?
J: This one is for my science homies out there. If people keep taking your reagents without asking, mis-label them, or don't label them at all.
What is this? 6 XLD's? A tube of food coloring? Gonorrhea? NO ONE KNOWS

9) Who is your favorite band/singer?
J: Sick Puppies.
10) What three things would you take with you to a deserted island?
J: My boyfriend (for cooking/cuddling), my Kindle, and a metric butt-ton of chocolate.

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for reading, this has been Monday Morning at the Lab!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing. I'm glad we agree on all the condiments.
    Also, I appreciate you picking a picture of me where I was having a good hair day.
    :)

    ReplyDelete